Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Starting Out A Day Late

Finally, I made to the city of Buenos Aires. The funny thing is I could have been here as scheduled but I got an automated voice mail from the airline I was traveling on saying my flight was canceled and that I was re-booked on a different flight scheduled the next day. I was brunching at Amy Matheritaville when I got the call. I was a little bummed, but took advantage of the time and cleaned up my house some more and re-organized what I was taking with me. What the airline didn't tell was that my flight was re-scheduled on a different plane for that day. So, I show up to the airport not booked on anything - not even the re-booked information could be found. Kudos to the very nice agent who probably thought I was going to really pitch a fit (I wasn't, but she probably thought I was going to get all angry black woman-no-you-did-nnnt!! on her). So, she not only got me on a flight, it was business-class all the way baby! Things just tend to work out.

I arrived Tuesday morning and after getting through customs, got on a bus that took me into town to meet Alvaro who works at the studio. We grabbed a cab and zig-zagged through some crazy traffic to the apartment I will be sharing with another resident. She's from Miami. She's adorable. She's twelve. After I was able to drop my stuff and change my shirt, we cabbed it over to the studio. It's pretty fantastic! More to come about the space for sure. Right now, I'm just waiting for the director and taking in my surroundings. Tomorrow we are going to a huge art fair. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment